POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just another sphere : Re: Just another sphere Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just another sphere
From: triple r
Date: 26 Apr 2008 14:15:01
Message: <web.481370f1dcce95a6dcb320720@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> wrote:
> If nothing else, it'd be great to have a diffuse reflection option built-in to
> POV.  I always thought that it shouldn't be that complicated to do, but I'm no
> programmer myself.

Seems pretty natural.  Can't really be faked with a normal either.  This method
for path tracing is simple, but it seems perhaps too invasive to properly
integrate it.  Now what POV-Ray could really use is email support.  Just
remember Zawinski's Law of Software Envelopment:

Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which
cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can.

Therefore I propose we add an email tab to the GUI versions of POV-Ray.

 - Ricky